They didn't choose the bitch life, the bitch life chose them.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The End of Tot Mom...

“A stunning blow to justice.” “The devil is dancing tonight.” “A stunning blow to law enforcement.” “You don’t need to crawl inside the mind of a defendant and figure out why they commit murder.” These are the things Nancy Grace is saying right now. Maybe I’m unsure what death smells like, but I have a clue about the stank of ignorance.

I doubt Casey Anthony was mother of the year. I don’t know how involved she was with her child or if she had anything to do with the disappearance and death of her child. I do know that, thankfully, we live in a country that demands that the State must carry the burden of proof. All too often, this system fails people. I remember helping with jury selection when I worked at the PDO and there were potential jurors of the attitude that a defendant must have done something wrong simply because he or she was arrested. It’s good to hear of a case like this where the jurors understood the concept of “beyond a reasonable doubt.”

It’s the condescension of the Nancy Grace crowd that really chaps my ass. First, they convicted and vilified this woman for the past few years. The so-called legal experts grandstanding and screaming on her show are nothing but laughable. Laughable to me since I’m not the one on trial. It’s as though the media wants to pressure the defendant into accepting some type of plea.

Then there is the whole other issue of her insulting the jurors and insinuating that they had their minds made up before the evidence was completely presented. She’s blasting one for a DUI arrest, another for a paraphernalia conviction, and another for fiddling with her pen and seeming uninterested. Had they issued a conviction on all counts, she’d probably be championing them as the salt of the earth, the everyday working people of our society who aren’t afraid to dole out justice.
Perhaps it’s time to go toast a grapefruit Izzy to justice. And I must say kudos to the prosecutor and sheriff for being class acts during the post-trial press conferences.

I have to quit watching this nonsense for the sake of my blood pressure. It’s hard to decide whether Nancy’s face or voice is more abrasive.


And P.S., Nancy, “Tot Mom” was didn’t catch because it’s stupid. My dogs, though less articulate, are smarter than you. They lick their own assholes.

No comments:

Post a Comment