They didn't choose the bitch life, the bitch life chose them.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Peanut Butter Shorthairs...

I ran into a former co-worker today. Well, I waited on her, so I guess I didn’t really “run” into her. Full disclosure here, kids. Since we’re both busy people, the primary form of contact we have is Facebook. Funny thing, the Book. I have a tendency to post things and figure people don’t really look at it unless they make a comment or say they like it. She was the third person of the morning that mentioned the picture I posted of the biscuits I made for the bitches. Yes, the bitches do get homemade treats just cuz they are sexy.

They also get homemade treats cuz Man Friend bought us a doggie treat cookbook for Christmas. Know me well, he does.

The actual treats were called “Peanut Butter Shortbreads” and for a second I thought about getting a Pointer cookie cutter made and calling them “Peanut Butter Shorthairs.” Okay, maybe I will still do that since it would be the cutest thing since Michelle Tanner.

It was really funny while I was making the treats. It was a simple recipe, just some whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking power, peanut butter, and milk. Bam. I couldn’t help but wonder if they would end of tasting something like what I imagined a diabetic peanut butter cookie would taste like…

Yes, I tried the dough.

Thick, grainy peanut butterishness. It wouldn’t be good in Ben and Jerry’s.

Nothing amazing, but when I went to the other room to put the first batch on the cooling rack, the dough was good enough for Joey to counter cruise and grab a couple uncooked bites.

Whore.

They didn’t really smell delicious, like when I have a cookie or cake in the oven. I doubted the neighbor kids would come running if I put them in the window to cool. For those of you who thought I live in the central part of a small Midwestern city, you’re wrong. I actually live in an Antebellum novel. At any rate, with the bitches’ excitement while eating the treats, I kinda wanted to try the biscuit.

I know it’s kind of weird.

I didn’t try one. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment